- 1. The “Presentation” dates are up, please check to see if they work and email me if they don’t.
- 2. I received all of the videos. Nice work!
- 3. F3, we have to go over how to make a WP post
Nixon, “Scenes From the Seabed”
Let’s take a few minutes and work through these questions:
- 1. What does Nixon mean by “slow violence”?
- 2. What makes slow violence difficult represent according to Nixon?
- 3. What are some examples of ways incremental, environmental change can be represented? How do some examples Nixon cites use visual rhetoric to reach audiences?
- 4. What assumptions about the future enables slow violence to continue?
Video Essay, Prewrite
- Pick a TV show episode, movie, or video game and then describe how that text represents the future. How does the future represented in the text you chose affect social, ecological, and/or technological transformation?
Video Essay Examples
As we watch the following Video Essays, please keep the following in mind:
- 1. What’s the claim/goal? Does the author achieve it?
- 2. How does the essay develop its claim: close reading, preponderance of evidence, transitions, visual design, voice-over, etc?
- 3. Describe the organization?