30 June. Utopia, Book I Overview & Threat Diagnosis
- Video One: Threat Diagnosis and Determining the Validity of Sources
- Video Two: Utopia, Book I Overview
Determining the Validity of Sources
Utopia, Book I Overview
The Video provides an overview of the following topics in Book I of Thomas More’s Utopia (1516):
- 1. What is a utopia and what motivates writers to compose them?
- 2. Why was England hanging so many people when Raphael Hythloday visited there?
- 3. How does Raphael propose to stop some or all of the hangings?
- 4. How can we use More’s book as “an imaginal machine freeing us from the tyranny of the present while undermining master plans for the future” (Open Utopia)