6 July. The Evaluators & Black Future Month
Video Overview of all the elements of Jemisin’s story and essay & narrative techniques you can use in your New Futures Project
Overview: “The Evaluators,” How Long Till Black Future Month, & Narrative Technique
The video will cover the following:
- 1.What does NK Jemisin love about speculative fiction (i.e. science fiction, fantasy, horror, utopian/dystopian fiction, comics, magic realism, etc.), and what about this broad and popular genre disappoints her?
- 2. For Jemisin what does it mean to celebrate and imagine the Black future (in addition to archiving and honoring Black History)?
- 3. According to Jemisin’s story, what are the major problem in our world/the world fictional of earth that the Contact Team in habit?
- 4.How does Jemisin’s fictional world Dar-Mankana solve for the problems that plague Earth OR what are “The Evaluators”?
- 5. How can both of Jemisin’s text act as model for the projects you are working on?