24 June. Representing the Future.
Part I. Representing the Future
Part II. Poster Assignment Overview
Before we move to the poster invention activity, has anyone every done a poster session before? This video gives you an example of what you can expect.
- 1. Reread the Poster Assignment page
- 2. Take 5 minutes and make a short list of movies, tv shows, video games, or marketing/media campaigns you think show ways ideas about the future shape social interaction, technological development, and/or environmental relationships.
- 3. Take 5-10 minutes and choose movie, show, or video game from the list you generated and then think how the future in the text you choose confirms or contradicts what Cohen, Ahmed, or Houser say about it in their essays.
- 4. Be prepared to share your findings with the class.
Part III. Principles of Design
- According to “Build Better User Experience“, or your own perception as consumers of media, how do designers produce visual texts that engage audience attention?
- 2. Define/describe five key design concepts: contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity
Visual Rhetoric Analysis
Once you’ve been sorted into groups, analyze the image below according to the prompt assigned your group, and be prepared to discuss your response with the class.
What is the purpose of the poster below? Describe 2-3 ways the designer uses Contrast to achieve his/her purpose.
What is the purpose of the poster below? Describe 2-3 ways the designer uses Alignment to achieve his/her purpose.
What is the purpose of the poster below?Describe 2-3 ways the designer uses Proximity to achieve his/her purpose.
What is the purpose of the poster below?Describe 2-3 ways the designer uses Repetition to achieve his/her purpose.