1 Oct. Utopia II & Our Futures.
Part I. Elements of Utopia
Once your category has been assigned, take 10-15 discuss with your partner/group how, according to Raphael Hythloday, Utopia transformed the element of society assigned you to solve some of the problems plaguing 16th c. England.
Finally, draw your findings in the board & be prepared to cite evidence from Utopia, Book II during class discussion.
- 1. Geography, city and/or neighborhood planning
- 2. Interpersonal and social relationships
- 3. Labor Practices and/or slavery
- 4. Economic Practices
- 5. Religion and moral philosophy
- 6. Travel, transportation, and/or trade
- 7. Education
- 8. Law/Government
- 9. Heath Care/Mental Health
- 10. Natural world/environment
Part II. Problems in Our Futures
- 1. Each member of the group take 2 minutes to pitch the other members on your world.
- 2. Whose future world would you most like to visit & why? I whose future world would you most like to live & why?