9 April. Field Recordings.
April 11, Partner Panel
- 1. All Students: Remember to meet in Clough 144 on Thursday, April 11 at 11:00-11:50 for our partners’ panel presentation.
- 2. What are your impressions so far of the Beltline, WAWA, or Quest Community Development? How do their ideas of the future of ATL shape the choices they make?
- 3. The panel will be half partners’ presenting and half them responding to student questions, please take 5 minutes and draft a question you would like a partner to answer.
Darryl Haddock, Director of Environmental Education and Proctor Creek Ambassador at West Atlanta Watershed Alliance (WAWA)
Heather Hussey-Coker, Special Projects Manager at Atlanta Beltline
Bradley Mitchell, Director of Business Development at Quest Community Development Organization
- 1. What features grab audience’s attention?
- 2. What information do you need to include in your ID in order to draw in audiences
- 3. Take a few minutes to draft a 30-60 second ID (i.e. advertisement for your podcast). If we can speak about 100-110 words per minute, what information do you need to include to engage audiences in your ID and also in your long form podcast?
Guidelines for Panel Presentation, April 16
- 1. Share 30-60 seconds of audio recording
- 2. Share one or two annotations or resources you are using to support your final project
- 3. Narrate your Podcast composition process
Directions: Sustainability at GATechintroduction_to_sustainability_tour
- We are going to go up to the roof of Clough so you can collect some sounds, but before we do what sorts of audio should you capture to incorporate in your final podcast?
Take your stuff with you. Feel free to work on your own or in your podcast groups
- 1. While you are free to record with a tool of your choice, you can use the Voice Memos on iPhone or Google’s Voice Recorder app.
- 2. Check out some of these sounds from the Sonic Dictionary at Duke University as examples of the sorts of tracks that you can use in your final podcasts
- 3. Remember the how the sample podcast we listed to used sound queues and layered tracks to communicate complex ideas to general audiences.
Self-Guided Tour Cards
If you would like to pursue sound collection at sustainable GATech campus sites farther, use the cards below to guide you:self_guided_tour_guide_cards
Directions: ENGL 1102.HP3 ONLY!!!
On 9 April 2019 please meet at Quest Community Development Center at 12:00-12:45 for a tour of their facilities guided by their lead architect.
Directions from Tech to Quest Center